January 21

Twitter Connect Reflection

How I started:

Clker-Free-Vector-Images

For the past month, my technology class has been working on something called the Twitter Connect Assignment. The Twitter Connect Assignment was an assignment where I had to find and follow at least 10 professors, authors, experts, or leaders in my chosen field on Twitter and reach out to them in order to gain valuable information about our topic.

To start off my Twitter Connect Assignment, I decided to research on what it took for a young adolescent to become a professional soccer player. I then decided to follow 10 people who had some involvement in professional soccer whether they were retired soccer players, professional level coaches, or even professional soccer players. I followed these individuals in order for me to gain some firsthand knowledge on professional soccer players and the level they play at. This was due to the fact that I was sure that they would have something to tell me that I would not be able to find online therefore following these certain individuals would gain me valuable information that I could use later on.

Questions that I sent these individuals were also around common mistakes in young players shooting, dribbling, communication, along with the best soccer academy’s, and the differences in the level of soccer internationally for a young soccer player. I asked my questions using Twitter by tweeting these individuals questions such as,”Hello , I have been conducting some research on the lengths one would have to go to become a professional soccer player and was wondering if you could give me some drills that you could do alone to help strengthen my soccer skills”.

An assignment that our Twitter Connect Assignment was supposed to be able to aid us with is called Genius Hour. Genius Hour is a project where you have one class every two weeks to research any topic that interests you and be able to present it in about three months time. Unfortunatley, my Twitter Connect Assignment would not be able to help me because after I had done all my research and work on Twitter, I decided to change my genius hour topic into something completley different.  Therefore, the information I collected from Twitter would not be able to help me with my genius hour project.

Results:

Surprisingly, I actually got some very quick responses from some of the individuals but unfortunately not many  followed suit. For this reason I would like to think that my results were pretty good as at least some people replied to me. Although I did indeed continue the conversation with everyone that replied, it was a short conversation because all I really needed was the answer to my original question that I asked them along with maybe one or two other questions. I may use this process in the future for example in college where information from a direct source from certain  individuals could be very valuable and aid me a lot. All in all, I think this project opened up my mind to make me realize different uses of social media that I have never thought about before.

Individuals:

Individuals who replied:

@barkernscaa   

@NiallORegan29

Works Cited:

Clker-Free-Vector-Images. “Twitter Tweet Twitter Bird”. Pixabay, August 4

2014, https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2014/04/03/11/53/twitter-312464_960_720.png.

Posted January 21, 2018 by nateisd21 in category Tech7