October 22

Moving To Dakar

I remember the experience of moving to my new home Dakar almost like it was yesterday. I flew in at 6 am but my excitement couldn’t stop me from exploring my new house. After half an hour my dad forced me to go to bed, sadly.

I woke up in the morning and turned the AC off because my room was getting very cold. Then I realised how many mosquito bites I had and made a note to put the mosquito net down next time.

After breakfast (Corn Flakes) my dad asked t me if I  wanted to go to a surfing class at Quicksilver that I could go to on Sunday. I agreed since I was eager to continue to improve my surfing skills and this was Dakar so their were many beaches.

Soon school started and I started to get some friends along with it. I was kind of depressed from my last year of school that I had in the US but I overcame that. The only thing that was bad to stat off the school year was MAP testing. The tests were so long and my brain felt fried on the inside. It was torture for me because I was longing to go outside and have a breath of fresh air.

One and a half months into school soccer tryouts started. I was very exited to show the coaches what I had to show them and I tried my hardest. Thankfully I made the A team. One of the reasons I really liked ISD’s soccer was because it was intense and that helps us win games and become a better athlete. Soon after I was accepted onto the travel team for WAISAL and was very proud.

Life couldn’t get any better.

Posted October 22, 2015 by nateisd21 in category Tech7

3 thoughts on “Moving To Dakar

1. joseisd21

I like how you chose a very connectable experience. Personally when I get to a new house i’m usually ever to sleep not explore. When you got to Senegal did your family already have a house or did you have to search for one?

Reply
  2. mouhamadousisd21

I liked how you specifically described every moment of of how you got there and described you emotions, I can also relate since I get mosquito bites all the time.

Reply